Today, we are excited to announce that the application for Launch Cohort 12 is officially live and applications are due by September 1.
In case you forgot, Launch supports entrepreneurs to bring new ventures – products, services, or school models – to life in under 90 days. If you’re a bold, gritty individual hungry to solve a tough problem, the Launch program will push you to test and iterate your envisioned solution until it is really meeting the needs of your end users.
Announcing some great updates to Launch:
- 4.0 has been working in New York City for the past two years, building a community that is excited about the work of education entrepreneurship. Which is why we’re excited to announce that for the first time, Launch will take place in New York City. Moving forward, we’re planning to host one Launch program in New York and New Orleans every year, ensuring that we support entrepreneurs in both places we call home.
- Knowing the importance of small amounts of funding to the earliest stage entrepreneurs, we’re now offering up to $10,000 in equity-free capital to Launch participants.
- To ensure that we’re giving entrepreneurs the right support at the right time, we’re now requiring all Launch participants to have tested with users prior to applying, as well as commit to being in New York while in-person Launch is happening. If you haven’t yet tested with users, we encourage you to look at Essentials.
- There are now over 100 individuals and organizations in our Innovation Network. Members of the Innovation Network are dedicated to providing 4.0 Entrepreneurs with access to teachers, parents, and students as beta testers and potentially early customers.
- With the addition of Startup Weekend Education to 4.0’s programming, we’re excited to see great applications coming from across the United States.
- We’re increasing our commitment to work with entrepreneurs who want to grow sustainably and will prioritize applicants committed to bootstrapping their startup.
Launch So Far
To date, 4.0 startups have raised $7M in capital, earned $3M, entered prestigious downstream accelerator programs, and are winning national awards.
Our first 52 ventures were incredible and many continue to grow and thrive. We expect the next 50 will do even more. As we expand 4.0’s footprint, we’ll continue focusing on supporting local entrepreneurs who believe in building the future of school through community, the discipline of lean-startup, and a deep belief in our ability to improve education in the United States.
Apply for Launch
Applications are due September 1.
You can read more about Launch here, apply directly here, or refer someone here.
Interested, but want to learn more about Launch?
To help people who are new to the 4.0 world, we’re hosting a webinar on Thursday, August 6 at 3:30pm CST. Join here.
Know someone who should apply? Refer a rockstar and we’ll help you make it a double dose of generosity by donating $10 to the Donorschoose project of your choice. If your referral gets in, we’ll up it to $100. We’ll reach out to you after the application process is complete to confirm who to donate to.